Thursday, May 21, 2015

Culture With Family

Does Culture Affect Family Life?

One interesting topic that we discuss this week in class is about culture. It was interesting to learn that culture play a great role in family unit. Where our ancestors come from, help build a foundation of practice in the family.

 My family is Hmong and are from Laos. Growing up, I learn at an early age to respect and greet my elders. There are usually party every week, where family and friends come together to eat and enjoy time with each other. Whenever our cousins or any Hmong in the community need help with anything, my family and other families will always set a date aside to help them with their need.  At a young age, I learn that family is first than anything else fall behind. Because of this family and service culture, I have learn the importance of family and friends are in my life. I have appreciate more of how keeping close with them, life is more happy and easier. My family has also been affect by this by helping us become more united and know that no matter what happens, we will always have each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment